What NOT to talk about on a first date.

Have you ever gone out with someone that just said a bit too much too soon or was way out of line or rude?? This brings up the importance of discussing what not to talk about on a first date.

Unfortunately not all of us are blessed in the communication department. I actually made a few mistakes on one or two dates long long longgggg time ago 😆. I mean they really say as you get older you get wiser!! Oh well I am over that now but let us just say that I went in too deep too fast with questions that I maybe should not have ventured into on the first date.

10 things to never talk about during a first date:

  1. Don't talk about your EX on the first date!! This can be a turn off for men and women. It can look like you are not over the relationship with your EX as well.
  2. Don't talk about family issues.
  3. Leave the sex talk for later dates. This is a turn off for me if you start to talk too much about sex on the first date and ask personal sexual questions. 
  4. Financial pressures and problems. This will make your date run. I will surely run!!
  5. Try not to complain too much on your date. Like highlighting everything that bothers you, whether it be about the food, location, prices (don't look like a "cheapo") etc
  6. Don't use too much "WE" should do this and "WE" can go there. Hold onto those we statuses after a couple of dates.
  7. It is good to talk about yourself on a date but please also let your date talk about himself or herself too.
  8. Please don't talk about politics on the first few dates.This may turn the tables for you and not in your favor as it can get intense.
  9. Leave the marriage conversations for later on after a couple of dates. I doubt you will be like "let's get married!" I am talking about marriage conversations like how many kids, when you want to get married, where etc. 
  10. Leave your work issues and drama in work!

Of course there are more things you should just NOT talk about on a date so share what you think.

Chat soon!

Giselle 


Comments

  1. Gis you listed nearly everything. For me, in my early dating life, being extra cautious, I never talked specifics about where I was living. I might have said San Juan or Sangre Grande but never gave a street name, just in case the date turned sour....say no to stalkers!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a date who picked me up home on my first date. Lucky for me, he turned out to be a cool person.

      Delete
  2. But sometimes it depends on the individuals... sometimes people open up quickly and get comfortable talking and having deep conversations. For me I do not open up quickly... it's a process. But sometimes it depends on the individuals. Good pointers here Gizzyyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kezzy. Not everything is meant to be said on the first date in my opinion. Once I don't hear I love you on the first date.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Be sure to check out my other posts.