Who wants to go on a Movie Date?

Thinking of where to go for your first date?, second date? or even for those in a relationship!! Let's talk about going to the movies.

Now in Trinidad, we have Caribbean Cinemas 8, Caribbean Cinemas 10, MovieTowne (my personal favorite), IMAX, and GemStone. There are probably others that I don't know so please feel free to share your information.




Going to the movies for a date is a great idea if you do it right and please note that it should be with someone you are comfortable with. I am not sure about going to the movies with a blind date....I would not venture in that territory with a blind date but you can tell me about if you did!!

Blind dates are so tricky and RISKY!!! πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

My personal favorite is MovieTowne because there are a variety of good, affordable restaurants to have lunch or dinner. These restaurants include:
1. Ruby Tuesday
2. Kaizan for sushi lovers
3. Haagen Dazs (the best ice cream in my opinion)
4. Texas De Brazil (meat lovers who enjoy Buffet style eating😜)
5. Jmalones 
6. Trader Jack's
7. Zanzibar
8. Dolce Vita (Gourmet Cafe)

I refuse to mention the fast food restaurants but they are there as well for those who may wish to spend less on a date. That may not get you anywhere but you go for it and let me know!

I definitely recommend going to a restaurant after the movie because there is no way I am going to the movies and NOT eat popcorn!! There is also a MovieTowne in Port of Spain, Chaguanas and South so location is not much of an issue. I have been to the other cinemas but I just believe MT is a good place to consider for a movie date in terms of price, location, upkeep of the cinema and the 3D experience is good.

Before I go l just need to highlight some tips for the movie date:

1. Ask your date to pick the movie (may disagree but sometimes it does not hurt to try something new).
2. Dress comfortable but remember it is a date so impress a little maybe with wedge heels, a dress with a jacket, and a collared shirt for the men.
3. Someone should book the tickets online to avoid disappointments and long lines possibly.
4. Depending on the show don't be on time!! Instead ensure that you get there early (about 45 mins before the start of the movie).
5. One person can get the popcorn and drinks and the other can proceed to keep the seats.
6. Relax, get comfortable and enjoy the movie with your date. 
7. Get food or drinks after the movie to chill. Use the movie as a conversation starter and then take it from there!!

Bye for now.

Giselle 


Comments

  1. On the statement of the fast food restaurants, I don’t like fast food, but for those whose pockets can’t afford more than this, you should have still listed it as it’s an informative blog for everyone.

    As for the tips #2 i personally prefer to dress casual and am not aiming to give a false impression and dress all up on the first date and then the 6th date if it reaches that you then see the real casual me you never saw before. So should be dress how you are comfortable and not misleading the other party. I guess that’s why most say the first date is mostly pretending to be ok with everything just to get to the next step.

    Your other points are good !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron carry your date on the Beach ok because I know your casual dress up all so well lol. Make sure and check out that Beach Post.

      Delete
  2. Think you need to invest In a kodi fire stick, lol.
    And also reference the dress in this modern times it irrelevant, a nice cologne makes a powerful statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are different types of dresses. Short or long. The ladies will know what I speak of....lol. The cologne is so important these days!! Big turn on if you smell gd.

      Delete
  3. Good pointers, my boyfriend and I always go to the movies (mostly movie towne and I Max), we also love food which makes those places ideal (:
    Once of your points about 'letting the date pick the moviemovie' is also a great one, it teaches us compromise and let's us get an insight into the other person's likes and dislikes πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Be sure to check out my other posts.