What to talk about on a date?!

Dating doesn't have to be all serious. It is not an interview for a job but a possible match with your soulmate if things go well. In today's society there is so much to talk about as we have so much more going on now than ever before (at least that is what I think). Tell me if I am wrong!! In our parents time things were way more serious with way stricter rules for dating. I believe my dad walked from his home to my mother's house just to end up sitting in the gallery to talk. This is what we now call "chilling". I always hear this story from my mother!! 😆😆

I mean in these current times with so much craziness going on around us, it is good to have some deep conversations with the person we are dating. This may not happen on the first date but should eventually happen.

Conversation Topics for Dating Couples:

Source: Lauren Naefe
  1. What values are important in your life? What are you most passionate about?
  2. Talk about your first impression of each other.
  3. What characteristics are necessary for a strong relationship? Do you possess these characteristics?
  4. What will you consider a perfect date?
  5. What was your most difficult challenge in your life? How did you overcome this challenge?
  6. Where do you see yourself in five years? Talk about your future.
  7. If you could go back to your childhood, what advice will you give to yourself?
  8. What is your favorite movie? What is your favorite television series? Why are they your favorite?
  9. What do you like to do for fun? 
  10. What type of music are you into?
  11. What's your biggest pet peeve?
  12. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
There are so many topics to discuss on a date but it is important not to over do it (as we Trinis say) with several tricky questions all at once. Please share your question(s) what you will ask on a date.

For those who are currently dating ..... Have fun, relax and get to know each other.

Photo by Erin Wotherspoon


This post is not for you to go and search for questions you must ask on a date. If you are compatible with someone I believe the questions will flow naturally especially on a second or third date.

Photo by William Stitt 


Chat soon! Share the post with your friends for their perspective.

Giselle 

Comments

  1. I know everyone has a different personality and may carry on different topics on a first date, but on my first date we had a conversation about our interest for each other ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like that date turned out for the best for you.

      Delete
  2. I think I asked many of those questions during some dates or even whilst chatting on WhatsApp. But in the Caribbean, where we date almost traditionally, I have found that when you eventually meet family and friends, a lot of those questions get answered (truthfully), without you having to ask it. A question I would ask and observe is, "Are you a family person?" i.e. Do you love and look out for your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He/she can say anything to the question of "are you a family person". When you meet the family and get to know the person better the answers will be there in my opinion.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Be sure to check out my other posts.